Our Scalp Therapy Elixir is formulated with your scalp health in mind. For decades women and men along with children have suffered from a condition called Seborrheic Dermatitis without even knowing that they have it. Many have dismissed it as having just dandruff or a really itchy scalp.
Many people who have locs or loose natural hair experience this in their everyday lives as well.
1- 4 oz bottle
So what does our scalp therapy elixir have to do with this condition?
We're glad you asked.
Seborrheic Dermatitis or aka eczema of the scalp or scalp psoriasis is an inflammatory reaction to excess Malassezia (Yeast,) an organism that normally lives on the scalp's surface, is the likely cause of seborrheic dermatitis. Yes you heard right,
While the main reason as to why someone develops this scalp condition is not exactly known there are ways to help to relieve symptoms and help prevent flare ups.
Our light weight scalp therapy elixir does not clog the hair follicles and is used best when the scalp if freshly washed and clear of dirt and build up. Herbs are infused in Jojoba oil to extract key nutrients that aid in healing the inflammation on the scalp, soothes itchiness, promotes new hair follicle growth and return the scalp back to its original color.
Here are so helpful tips to help free yourself from the burden of flare ups!
1) Drink plenty of water! Hydration helps in a MAJOR way
2) Cut down on your sugar, dairy and carbs! Yeast loves Sugar! Carbs turn into sugar
3) Do not over oil your scalp! When you scalp starts to get itchy, it's alerting you that it is not happy. If it is close to wash day, wash your hair and scalp. If its not, spray warm water on your scalp to help open your hair follicles and apply the scalp therapy elixir.
4) Do not oil your scalp when it is dry! Doing so is hurting more than helping. Oil will just sit on top of your scalp and create more yeast.
5) DO NOT SCRATCH YOUR SCALP WITH YOUR NAILS! Doing so will introduce bacteria to your scalp which will then cause a major flare up. Not to mention create tiny cuts on the scalp that will cause inflammation and or hair loss!
Disclaimer: None of the statements made on this website have been reviewed or evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. None of the statements on this website shall be construed as dispensing medical advice. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners. You should consult a licensed health care professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product, especially if you are pregnant or have any pre-existing injuries or medical conditions.
Introducing our Natural Baby Eczema Balm, is specially formulated to provide gentle and effective relief...